Thursday, April 10, 2008

News Flash - Old Favourites - News Flash - Old Favourites .

Charlie He's My Darling 1

Melody - Seq. by Randy Ralph right: Carolina Oliphant,

Left: Robert Burns, 1794;
(Lady Nairne), 1766-1845

Bonnie Prince CharlieChorus
An'Charlie he's my darling,
My darling, my darling,
Charlie he's my
darling
The young
Chevalier.

Twas on a Monday morning,
Right early in the year,
That Charlie came to our town,
The young Chevalier.

Chorus etc

As he was walking up the street,
The city for to view,
O there he spied a bonie lass
The window looking thro'.


Chorus etc

Sae light's he jimped up the stair,Culloden again
And tirl'd at the pin;
And wha sae ready as hersel',
To let the laddie in.

Chorus etc

He set his Jenny on his knee,
All in his Highland dress;
For brawlie weel he ken'd the way
To please a bonnie lass.

Chorus etc

It's up on yon heathery mountain,
An' down yon scroggy glen,
We daur na gang a milking,
The brave chevalier


Chorus etc

The White Rose Flag

The Battle of Culloden, In Death there is Hope






Charlie is my Darling 2

Chorus
Oh! Charlie he's my darling,
My darling, my darling,
Oh! Charlie he's my
darling
The young
Chevalier.

As he came marching up the street,
The pipes play'd loud and clear,
And a' the folk came running out,
To
meet the Chevalier.

Chorus etc

Wi' Hieland bonnets on their heads,
and claymores bright and clear,
They came to fight for Scotland's right,
And the young
Chevalier.

Chorus etc

They've left their bonnie Hieland hills,
Their wives and bairnies dear,

To draw the sword for Scotland's lord,
The young Chevalier.

Oh! Charlie is my darling,
my darling, my darling,
Oh! Charlie is my darling,
The young Chevalier,

The oldest known flag of Scotland the saltire The Scottish flag is the cross of St. Andrew, also known as the Saltire.

It is said to be one of the oldest national flags of any country, dating back at least to the 12th century.
Tradition suggests that St.Andrew (an apostle of Jesus in the Christian religion) was put to death by the Romans in Greece by being pinned to a cross of this shape.