Sunday, July 25, 2010

Diddily and the Dee-Dot's : Blog

Diddily and the Dee-Dot's : Blog: "-

CROESO I CYMRU

SUNRISE IS GOLDEN IN MY MOUNTAIN HOME.

DAYBREAK IN JANUARY


I woke at half past six today

And all outside was misty grey,
As if it still were really night
And just pretending to be light.
I only just could see the lawn,
And everything looked fast asleep;
And then I saw a something creep
Across the garden soft and slow--

It was the shadow of the dawn!
And as I watched and saw her pass,
Her dress was trailing on the grass;
She paused and seem to hesitate
Then glided through the little gate -
And then the cock began to crow.
And when she'd gone as clear as clear
I saw the trees and garden here,

And sad brown earth where things will grow
When Winter's dead, Mum told me so!
I saw the tiny apple tree
Which Daddy's given all to me,
I saw the house across the way;
And as I looked at it I heard
The twitter of a tiny bird,
And so I knew that it was day.

I wish this had been written by myself, but it wasn't.
It is titled "Daybreak in January." and it was written by
Almey St. John Adcock.over a hundred years ago.

THERE IS MORE TO COME BUT I WILL BE PUTTING IT IN
"DODIES DREAM WORLD." TOMORROW, DON'T MISS IT. IT'S FABULOUS.

http://dodiesdreamworld.zoomshare.com/