Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's amazing what you can find when you're looking through old papers.

Very Disposable!

It is thirteen years plus since I scribbled down these words in my poetry book, sometimes over the past thirteen years I have come across it, read it, had a little weep for it happened to two dogs I used to know and I still haven't got over it obviously. Well now that I have the web sites and I reach thousands of people all over the world ever day, I have decided to put it here as my web page for the evening. This beautiful little dog below isn't mine, I don't know who it belongs to , he or she has just been picked at random from thousands on the net. Look at her, she is so happy and so well cared for, so still I ask why oh why do people have animals when they have no love for them? It's a hard life with four legs and a tail. Isn't it?

Very Disposable!

She doesn’t know we know,
she doesn't know we understand,
And here she’s come to take us out,
our leads are in her hand.

The car will be our prison cell for
fifteen minutes or more.
And then it will be over, no more
loving walks along the shore.

Hmmm!
is this the door to heaven,
I do hope its like they say!
At least were going together so
I’ll be with someone on the way.

Wow that needle looks quite painful
I do hope he does me first.
Idon’t really want to watch him die,
Hell! I’ve got an awful thirst.

So tell me Why do people have us,
don't they know the price we pay

We have no say. No reason given,
do we just get in the way?

God I hope this doggie heaven
is the bestest place to be,
Yet I go with pain - not laughter,
cos there are so many more like me.

Dorothy Milnes March 1995